Retention, Advising, and Career Preparation (RACP) offers test administration through the Tutoring Center for students that need to make-up an exam and/or take an exam on a different date than the rest of the class. All requests for Test Administration through RACP must be submitted by an instructor.
Test Administration Policy
- To arrange for an exam to be administered, instructors are required to submit paper copies of exam with a Test Administration Form, these forms can be obtained from our office(s) in the Student Support Services building, or printed from the link at the bottom of this page. Please submit exam and required documentation to a staff member at least 24 hours prior to a testing session. We reserve the right to deny services and/or reschedule sessions.
- At the top of all exams, please include: name of student, course number & title, and name of instructor.
- Staff will be present in the testing area, however we are unable to provide proctoring services. Please note that our area may be crowded and/or loud, due to tutoring and other services. Disposable ear plugs will be distributed upon request.
- We are unable to provide a private testing space for students unless there is a required accommodation approved through the Counseling Center. Please request reservation directly through Counseling Center at least 24 hours in advance by calling (808) 735-4845.
- Test Administration is available Monday through Friday during regular business hours (M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.). Faculty and students must plan ahead to allow enough time to start and complete an exam, office hours will not be extended.
- All students utilizing this service in the Tutoring Center must read and sign the “Test Administration Procedures & Guidelines”.
- Students are expected to remain in the testing area until the exam is complete. If a student leaves the center in the middle of session: the exam will be collected by a staff member, the instructor will be notified, and the exam will be held in the office until it is picked up by the instructor.
- Instructors must pick up all exams. If an instructor is unable to do so, he/she must notify a Tutoring Center staff member via telephone (808-739-8305) to authorize a proxy to sign for exam. If exams are not picked up by the last day of finals, staff will return materials via interoffice mail to the division office.
- If a student is caught cheating during an exam, the exam will be collected by a staff member, and the instructor will be notified immediately.
- The Tutoring Center is unable to accommodate Test Administration for an entire class. Instructors should make arrangements with her/his individual department staff if s/he is not able to personally administer an exam.
- Days and hours of Test Administration may vary due to meetings, programming, or emergency situations.
Test Administration Form
Instructors are required to submit paper copies of exam with a Test Administration Form. Forms can be obtained from our office, or printed from the Chaminade Portal. Please submit exam and required documentation to a staff member at least 24 hours prior to a testing session.
Procedures & Guidelines for Students
Before we can administer an exam, students must carefully read through the test administration guidelines. Once the exam is administered, students are bound to the agreement.